We’ve been shopping online this year. Here are some of our favourite sites:
- www.kikkik.com.au – lovely stationery to help you and yours get organised in 2011. We love the minimalist design and soft colouration of this high quality online shop.
- www.ezibuy.com.au – reasonably priced fashion and gifts. We love their Christmas decorations. This site consistently wins awards, so it is a great example of how online shopping should work.
- www.ebay.com.au – still the leader in online sales in Australia. Check out their Fashion Gallery for discounted high street fashion.
- www.urbanrituelle.com.au – spoil your loved ones with divine soaps, lotions and potions. This is a gorgeous website full of gorgeous stocking fillers.
- http://au.tiffany.com – if you are thinking of spoiling someone, look no further. This is a luxury end store that is beautiful to browse. Trust me, you will win hearts with gifts from here!
If you have an online store yourself, check out these “top end of town” sites and take note of how they work. There are always best practice lessons to be learnt by the big players. Note what they put on their home page, how they categorise products, how they treat delivery and also the general functionality of the shopping cart. For more info on the leading online retailers in Australia visit http://www.hitwise.com/au/datacentre/retail/
Please remember when shopping online to protect your privacy and financial information. Check out the Australian Government’s cyber security website at http://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/ for some great online shopping tips. There is also a shopping quiz to see if you are a smart online shopper! Remember to shop safe online this Christmas.